Our Practice Areas
Schilling & Esposito handles a wide range of cases on behalf of personal injury victims. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Auto Accidents: Speeding, drunk driving, distracted driving (e.g., texting while driving) and other forms of negligence or recklessness on the road can lead to severe injuries and fatalities.
- Large Truck Cases: Accidents involving 18-wheelers and other large commercial vehicles are some of the deadliest that occur on the roadways. Sadly, a large percentage of these accidents could be prevented if drivers were not under so much pressure to cut corners to make their deliveries on time.
- Medical Malpractice: When patients go in to see a health professional, they have the right to expect quality medical care. When this does not occur, it can cause severe consequences. Medical negligence can result in birth injuries, medication errors, surgical errors, failure to diagnose serious conditions such as cancer, and many other health complications for the patient.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Aging demographics, worker shortages, and profit-motivated consolidations have led to crisis conditions in today’s nursing homes. This has resulted in a growing number of nursing home abuse cases. The failure of nursing facilities to provide adequate care for our honored elders is one of the most egregious examples of medical negligence.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, and slip and fall accidents are common causes of spinal cord injuries. These types of injuries can be debilitating and sometimes result in partial or total disability.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): TBI is a complex injury with a wide range of symptoms and degrees of severity. This type of injury is usually the result of a sudden blow or jolt to the head or body. Some of the most common causes (of TBI) include vehicle collisions, falls, violence, explosions, and sports injuries.
- Construction Accidents: Construction is one of the most dangerous industries to work in. There are numerous potential hazards on a construction site, such as falling from high surfaces, being struck by falling objects, and many others.
- Toxic Torts: Exposure to toxic substances can cause victims to suffer from numerous conditions, including headaches, hearing problems, and damage to the brain and nervous system. Some examples of hazardous substances individuals have been exposed to include lead paint, pesticides, chemicals, and contaminated water.
- Wrongful Death: In the most extreme cases, personal injuries can result in fatalities. When this occurs, close loved ones are left behind to deal with the aftermath.
We aggressively pursue damages for victims of personal injury not only to ensure that they receive the just compensation that they deserve, but also to make sure that those responsible are held fully accountable for their actions.
Why We’re Different
Our successful track record is due largely to one important factor; we always put the needs of our clients first. Whether we are involved in complex multimillion-dollar litigation or a small claims court action, we do what is necessary to pursue justice for our clients. When you work with us, you are treated with dignity and respect. We always take the time to discuss all aspects of your case, listen to you, and fully understand your unique needs and concerns. From there, we put our extensive experience to work to develop the most practical and effective path toward a favorable resolution.
Some of the other benefits of being represented by Schilling & Esposito include:
- We are available for our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- When you call our office, you will speak with one of our seasoned attorneys;
- If you are unable to come to our office, we will meet you at your home, the hospital, or wherever is most convenient;
- Your case is handled by an attorney from beginning to end – we never pass it off on associates or staff members;
- We provide ongoing updates as your case progresses, so you are always kept in the loop.
We understand that most personal injury victims are unable to pay upfront attorney fees. We do not believe that this should prevent you from receiving the strong legal representation you need and deserve. For this reason, we take our cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only receive a fee if we are able to recover damages for your injuries.
If you or someone close to you has suffered an injury due to another party’s negligence or recklessness, we are here to help. Contact our office today at 804-261-1001 for a free, no-obligation case analysis.