How a Truck Accident Can Change Your Life
A large truck accident is a terrifying event to live through. And while the accident itself may only take a brief moment to occur, the effects of the accident can persist for years. In addition to serious injuries that may be disabling and very expensive to treat, a large truck accident can also result in:
- Economic losses. A person who is injured in a truck accident will not only face medical bills but may also face lost wages and a loss of earning capacity as well. Depending on the individual, this may mean hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars of losses over the course of life. Medical bills, lost wages, and property damage expenses are the most common economic losses suffered by truck accident victims.
- Non-economic losses. In addition to economic losses, truck accident victims suffer a host of non-economic losses too. For example, these crashes often result in pain, suffering, emotional distress, psychological conditions such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder, disability, diminished quality of relationships, and a diminished quality of life. Someone involved in a truck accident who suffers these losses deserves to be compensated for this harm, too.
Recovering Compensation: Proving Liability for a Truck Accident
Truck accident claims can be complicated. Not only are claimants often seeking large compensation awards, but determining liability can be very difficult to prove. This is because a truck accident involves multiple parties – often times many more than a standard passenger vehicle accident. Potentially liable parties in a truck accident claim include:
- The truck driver;
- The trucking company;
- A third-party driver in another vehicle;
- A shipper or loader of cargo;
- A cargo manufacturer; or
- The manufacturer of the truck or truck parts.
Getting to the bottom of how a truck accident happened and who should be held liable for damages requires a thorough investigation and the analysis of multiple pieces of data, including truck driver’s logs and electronic control module (ECM) data. Our attorneys have the resources necessary to hire experts and the staff necessary to effectively organize your case.
Let Our Law Firm Work for You – Contact Schilling & Esposito Today
When you are in a truck accident and suffer life-changing injuries, you deserve to be compensated for every cent you’ve lost and will lose in the future. Our attorneys work hard to make that happen, beginning with offering you a free consultation where we learn more about the details of your case. If you decide to hire us, we will investigate your accident, build your claim, and handle all legal elements of working with an insurance company. If you are offered a settlement, we will review it to make sure it is fair and fully compensates you; if not, we negotiate on your behalf. We are skilled litigators with trial experience and will not hesitate to take your case to trial. We prepare for every case the same way – in-depth preparation and ready to go to trial.
To schedule your free consultation with our experienced Virginia truck accident lawyers, please call our law firm today at 804-261-1001 or send us a message telling us more about your case.